SLP and Massage Openings
We are currently looking to add a part time SLP Speech Pathologist and massage therapist.
Contact Melanie@exercisabilitiespt.org to send resume or for more information.
August 18, 2017
Job Title: Exercise Technician
Location: Exercisabilities, Inc
2530 Broadway Ave North
Rochester, MN 55906
Job Description: The exercise technician will support the medical fitness professional staff in all areas of client care as well as office support as listed below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of exercise specialist staff.
- Record treatment given and equipment used to communicate with exercise specialist as needed.
- Work as part of a team under the direction of the exercise specialist.
- May provide selected treatment modalities and exercise procedures as directed and onsite supervised by the physical therapist/occupational therapist according to MN State Statute regulations. Especially at beginning or end of sessions such as aerobic equipment assist. Will not be primary assignment but will be cross trained with rehabilitation Technician in order to fill in as needed.
- Greet clients at the door and assist with preparation for session.
- Open and close duties for facility
- Transport clients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
- Change linens, such as bed sheets and pillow cases.
- Do Laundry and daily closing or opening cleaning list.
- Secure clients safely onto exercise equipment.
- Assist, as directed by Exercise Program Director or Exercise Specialist, with scheduling clients appointments with exercise staff and coordinate exercise staff schedules according to client need.
- Will understand Clinicient and mind/body scheduling in order to coordinate.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner
- Maintain full confidentiality of client records and information.
- Assist with collecting payments from clients for services, cash or credit
- Strength – Candidates must demonstrate sufficient upper body and trunk strength in order to assist with client lifting and completing locomotor training (assisted treadmill) skills. Must be willing to learn skill, receive feedback on technique, and deliver assist with treadmill training with no difficulties. Good flexibility and endurance strength required in all limbs and trunk to complete this task.
- No previous injuries to back, shoulder, neck, or other musculoskeletal condition that may be exacerbated by lifting, pushing, pulling, or moving in a repetitive way.
- Personality preferred is one that is outgoing, positive, and innovative. Exercisabilities strives to build a team that is able to promote health and wellness through exciting and positive personal interactions and each team member will be expected to bring a positive, motivating attitude every day.
- Desire to engage in both on the job training as well as ongoing learning both onsite and offsite or through use of online learning.
Minimum of associates degree required with an Exercise Science or other science related degree. Interested individuals in the process of applying for graduate level therapy professional schools are welcome to apply. Personal Training Certification is not required for this position but will be required for promotion to Exercise Specialist I.
|Experience||Previous experience in exercise field preferred. Demonstrated interest in the area of disability care, specialized exercise, or rehabilitation through internship or volunteering is required.|
Job Training Will provide on the job training. An overall interest in the health care field is required.
Pay scale $13.00-$14.50
Hours offered 26-35 approx. hours per week. May fluctuate some with caseload requirements. Must be available to work M-F 9am-6:30pm.
Contact : Contact Trevor at 507-259-7570 with questions. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Exercisabilities, we enjoy working with students. We work with the following categories:
- Physical Therapy graduate internships/affiliation: We have contracts with several PT schools and are always open to more contracts. Please contact Lisa Bailey, PT – CCCE for more information on setting up an internship/affiliation at Lisa@exercisabilitiespt.org
- Pre-physical therapy observations: We enjoy allowing students to shadow a PT at any time. Please contact contact Lisa Bailey, PT – CCCE for more information on setting up an internship/affiliation at Lisa@exercisabilitiespt.org We may ask for resume’s to be sent during peak times of Christmas break/J term and Summer. Please direct your request to Lisa by email.
- Exercise Internships: We like to have at least one formal Exercise Science Intern at all times. This allows for a 1 to 3 month internship. We work with several area University programs. To request an internship position, send resume and request to email@example.com
Pre-Physical Therapy or Pre-Exercise Internship: We take long term interns for more hands on experience as well. We will take 2-3 summer interns and potential over Christmas. You will be trained to assist with some aspects of client care and can track this as observation hours toward your graduate school application. Please direct PT requests to Lisa as above and Exercise requests to Trevor as above. Exercise Science interns must be supported by their university and should be earning college credit to qualify for hands on experience
We are always welcoming volunteers. If you are looking for volunteer hours for school or just looking to spend time with this specific population we would love to have you join our team. If interested please fill out this Volunteer Form. Please contact Trevor Redlin, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-259-7570.