SLP and Massage Openings
We are currently looking to add a part time SLP Speech Pathologist and massage therapist.
PT or PTA openings
Job Description: Physical Therapist/PT Assistant May 25, 2017
Exercisabilities, Inc is a progressive, young, and growing nonprofit practice in Rochester, MN.
Exercisabilites, Inc is a physical therapy and medical fitness facility with a unique model of
blending physical therapy with medical fitness to service special populations including
neurologic disorders, geriatrics, and chronic pain management for all ages. We also offer
aquatic therapy, group exercise and specialized personal training, NRN based neurologic recovery for SCI and brain injury, PWR! parkinson’s exercise, and a falls prevention program.
We are looking for a PT or PTA for a temporary position part-time 15-20 hours per week to cover a 12 – week maternity leave starting in July, 2017. This position could have future potential for permanent employment following the temporary assignment.
As a team member at Exercisabilities, Inc, you will:
– Work as a team with the exercise staff in transitioning patients to our exercise programs.
– Be a participating member of the physical therapy team
– Accurately and thoroughly document patient care findings
– Maintain high level of professional conduct maintaining confidentiality and excellent patient care.
– Demonstrate continuous improvement seeking new knowledge to both advance your career
goals as well as your quality of professional interventions and interactions through many
avenues of learning with journal readings, education sessions, and asking questions of peers
both in and out of work time.
– Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy or PTA School with active MN License
– Previous 2 years experience with geriatrics, neurologic, outpatient orthopedic, and/or aquatic therapy desired or internship at Exercisabilities
– Strong interest in working with many different diagnoses in a community based setting.
– Good organizational skills
– Ability to work as a team
– Communication skills that include receiving feedback well, being open to direction and advice
to change treatment plan, and active listening skills
– motivation to improve current skills and learn new skills that may not be current mainstream
physical therapy approaches but are research and evidence based
– Ability to be motivating and positive to all clients of all ages and abilities
– Confidence in clinical skills and independence
Please apply at Exercisabilities, Inc
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Melanie@exercisabilitiespt.org for more information.
At Exercisabilities, we enjoy working with students. We work with the following categories:
- Physical Therapy graduate internships/affiliation: We have contracts with several PT schools and are always open to more contracts. Please contact Lisa Bailey, PT – CCCE for more information on setting up an internship/affiliation at Lisa@exercisabilitiespt.org
- Pre-physical therapy observations: We enjoy allowing students to shadow a PT at any time. Please contact contact Lisa Bailey, PT – CCCE for more information on setting up an internship/affiliation at Lisa@exercisabilitiespt.org We may ask for resume’s to be sent during peak times of Christmas break/J term and Summer. Please direct your request to Lisa by email.
- Exercise Internships: We like to have at least one formal Exercise Science Intern at all times. This allows for a 1 to 3 month internship. We work with several area University programs. To request an internship position, send resume and request to email@example.com
Pre-Physical Therapy or Pre-Exercise Internship: We take long term interns for more hands on experience as well. We will take 2-3 summer interns and potential over Christmas. You will be trained to assist with some aspects of client care and can track this as observation hours toward your graduate school application. Please direct PT requests to Lisa as above and Exercise requests to Trevor as above. Exercise Science interns must be supported by their university and should be earning college credit to qualify for hands on experience
We are always welcoming volunteers. If you are looking for volunteer hours for school or just looking to spend time with this specific population we would love to have you join our team. If interested please fill out this Volunteer Form. Please contact Trevor Redlin, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-259-7570.